Monday, April 18, 2011

Keeping Up With Kenzie

More good news! The medicine Kenzie is taking for her seizures is working very well. She has not had a seizure in 6 weeks. She still has some shoulder twitches every now and then. However, her development is great and she is very healthy. We went to the doctor today and he is very pleased with her progress. She will continue on this medicine for the time being and we will go back to the doctor in two months. At the next check up she will have another EEG.

Best case scenario is that Kenzie will out grow the seizures and she will be taken off medicine. The likelyhood of this happening did not seem great at first. But her improvement and health are very good signs that this may happen. Thank you again for your continued support and prayers.

Kelli and I have truly learned the grace of community through this experience. It is very humbling to have so many people and so many churches praying for us. We feel blessed to have such a great family and so many close friends. In addition, we are so thankful to be a part of such an amazing youth group. I found out about Kenzie while away on a youth trip. I was heart broken by the prognosis and crushed that I wasn't at home. However, during this time the teenagers and my youth team really ministered to me. They gathered around me and prayed for our whole family. I was reminded again of the importance of Christian community. It's easy to forget that I need them just as much as they need me.