My youth team is great and I have no idea where I (or our youth group) would be without them. So...in honor of them and volunteers everywhere, here are five things every volunteer needs to hear.
5. THANK YOU! YOU'RE AWESOME!
4. Don't take things personally...teenagers by nature make all of us feel stupid from time to time.
3. It's ok to be weird...that's why you serve in the youth ministry.
(see photo to the right)
2. Don't forget to take a break occasionally...the youth group will survive. (come back quickly though!)
1. You ARE making a great impact in the lives of young people, and in my life...even if you don't see the outward results all the time.