Monday, April 30, 2012

Quote(s) of the Week--On Adoption

Below are some great quotes from the book "Kisses from Katie." This book is about an 18 year old teenager moving to Uganda to care for orphans. In the process she has started an amazing ministry called Amazima which feeds and sends hundreds of children to school. On top of that, she has adopted thirteen children! This is a great book and an incredible story about following Jesus and loving orphans. Our Student/Adult Leadership team is now reading it as a small group. Below are some quotes from Katie.

"Adoption is a beautiful picture of redemption. It is the gospel in my living room. And sometimes, it's just hard."

"The first word that appears when I look up adoption in the dictionary is acceptance. God accepts me, adores me, just as I am. And he wants me to accept those without families into my own."

* For more info on Katie's story check out her ministry website and blog.

Amazima

Kisses from Katie Blog